Oct 21, 2013

ZZ Ward at House of Blues on October 15, 2013


The third time's the charm!  My third time seeing ZZ was not disappointing.  If you are not worried about spending on parking, you can valet park for $26.  Otherwise I suggest taking the train down for sure.   I took my friend Joanne to see her for her 30y plus 20 birthday.  A nice bite at the Crossroads  Restaurant downstairs started our evening off on the right foot.  Don't forget to have the bread pudding, well worth calories and carbs (if you are counting).  House of Blues is a great venue because you can get to a sold out show and still carve your way to the front of the stage.  This was a big show for ZZ and her bandmates.  They have been playing at increasingly bigger venues in the past 2 years.  I prefer Schubas and Lincoln Hall, but then again I am a sucker for an intimate venue.  House of Blues is big yet small though, so really the 3rd best option.  ZZ is a bit more polished than prior shows and has become progressively more confident with her performances.   I took one video and it happens to be the same song that I previously posted from her Schubas show.  We can compare and contrast her polish!


No comments:

Post a Comment